Post commit hooks are a single process, so they are executed in the same order as the commits ?

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Tue Apr 9 07:01:10 EDT 2013

Simon,

   We use a similar approach, using 2i and batch numbers (every
bucket/key we are interested is stamped with a 2i batch number which
increases once a minute), a Java client that copies to two different
clusters once a minute also, from "last batch number copied" to "current
batch number - 1", so it is always a minute behind, like I said it uses
2i (current batch number is read only for target clusters and read-write
on the target clusters), and it also copies keys concurrently.

Though we have Riak EE, we felt the same about having a fine grained
cluster copy tool.

With that tool in place we don't need post-commits nor sync-ed operation
on the "master cluster", we don't actually call it master cluster, we
merely use the tool to have backups. There is tracking key that holds
the batch number value and a list of buckets to operate.

Hope that helps,

Guido.