Minimal number of nodes for production

Tom Zeng tom at intridea.com
Wed Apr 10 17:26:07 EDT 2013

Hi list,

We have a production installation with only 3 nodes and running on 1.2.1.
 I'd appreciate to get some  facts to convince IT to increase the number of
nodes to 7 and upgrade to 1.3.  I heard people from Basho mentioned ideally
7 nodes for production a couple of time, can someone explain why 7, is 4,
or 5 nodes good enough?

Also on the 3 three nodes, the file size for the bitcask directory very
quite a bit: 21GB, 14GB, and 20GB. Could the node with only 14GB missing
something or it's expected to have such big difference?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Zeng