Link-walking and starting object?

Tim Kientzle kientzle at catch.com
Mon Apr 15 14:37:44 EDT 2013

The link-walking syntax allows you to return multiple results, e.g.,

  curl http://.../riak/bucket/obj/_,key1,1/_,key2,1

will follow two links and return two results.

Is there a way to have Riak also return the starting object?
('bucket/obj' in this example)?

I'm exploring a couple of ideas for handling things like user
lookups where there's an email object that links to the owning
account object.  If someone tries to login using their email
address, I would like to be able to look up the email directly
and have both it and the account object pulled via a link-walk.

In a similar vein, is there a practical limit on the
fan-out for link-walking?  One of the problems I'm considering
would usually have a fan-out of only one or two but might
occasionally get a fan-out of a thousand or more.

Tim