Riak 1.3.1 install from source on closed network

Hector Castro hector at basho.com
Mon Apr 15 17:40:13 EDT 2013

Hi Peter,

Despite the fact that the instructions assume you're working with Riak
1.3.0, please follow the "Installation on Closed Networks" section on
the installing Riak from source page [0]. The steps there, combined
with Jared's instructions to alter line 79 of Makefile [1] so that it
reads:

  dev% : riaknostic

instead of:

  dev% : all riaknostic

should allow you to successfully complete an installation without a
network connection (after downloading the 1.3.0 zipball for LevelDB).

Please let us know if you encounter further issues.

[0] http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.3.0/tutorials/installation/Installing-Riak-from-Source/#Installation
[1] https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/riak-1.3.1/Makefile#L79

--
Hector