"expected_binaries" error in search

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski at basho.com
Tue Apr 16 14:55:10 EDT 2013

Rob,

I don't know what the exact data is. The thing is that it doesn't seem to
> cause an error on the client side; it just shows up in the server logs to
> be noticed later.

A non-2XX response will be returned.  Verify that the response is 200.  If
it isn't log an error in your app with the exact data passed.

> I have a suspicion, though. Is it possible that when I set one of the
> search fields to the empty string, some protocol along the way turns that
> into the empty list, which then fails the type-check?

This is my initial suspicion as well.  If you can figure out the data
causing the issue then run that redbug line while inserting the data.  From
the output of that I should be able to figure out what is happening.

-Z