Riak + Disco (MapReduce alternative)

Antonio Rohman Fernandez rohman at mahalostudio.com
Wed Apr 17 07:15:18 EDT 2013

Hello everybody,

Has anyone tried to use Riak with Disco? [
http://discoproject.org ] I was looking for Hadoop alternatives ( as the
RIAK-HADOOP connector project seems not going anywhere ) and I think
Disco is quite interesting, moreover is written in Erlang same as Riak.
Looks like it would be a good match!

As seen in the mailing list,
seems that Riak's built-in MapReduce is not suitable for much of the
queries I would be interested on doing... My idea would be to leverage
the MapReduce work to a Hadoop ( or Disco, or another ) cluster that
will do the GETs on the Riak cluster through an Index ( as suggested on
this list... do multi-gets instead of MR ) and reduce the data
independently. Does anybody has suggestions about this?

Thanks,
Rohman

 		 [1]

 ANTONIO ROHMAN FERNANDEZ