Riak + Disco (MapReduce alternative)

Antonio Rohman Fernandez rohman at mahalostudio.com
Wed Apr 17 07:31:05 EDT 2013

Is written in Erlang ( the core app ) but the MR jobs are written in
Python... in the same way that Riak is written in Erlang but the MR jobs
are written in JavaScript ( also can be written in Erlang though )

Thanks,
Rohman

On 17.04.2013 13:27, Chris Corbyn wrote:

>> Has
anyone tried to use Riak with Disco? [ http://discoproject.org [1] ] I
was looking for Hadoop alternatives ( as the RIAK-HADOOP connector
project seems not going anywhere ) and I think Disco is quite
interesting, moreover is written in Erlang same as Riak. Looks like it
would be a good match!
> Looks interesting, though it's It's written in
Python from what I can see, not Erlang ;) Still makes a refreshing
change yet-another-java-thing though.

--

 		 [2]

 ANTONIO ROHMAN