riak errors related to riak_pipe_vnode

Alexander Moore moore.alex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 15:09:33 EDT 2013

Hi Bhuwan,

That error usually means that you are overloading your cluster in some
fashion.
To fix this you could try a rolling restart of your nodes.

To find the root cause though, can you reply with the following information:

What are the ulimit settings on your riak machines?
Are you running a lot of MapReduce jobs?
Can you clean and attach the logs here?

Thanks,
Alex