handling the ETag

Simon Majou simon at majou.org
Wed Apr 24 12:30:51 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am building a basic architecture : user / application server / riak. The
web pages are generated on the application server, then sent to the user
and finally stored (cached) in Riak. I would like the page sent to the user
& the page stored in Riak to have the same ETag, so new requests with Etags
are handled easily by forwarding them to Riak.

I tried to set the ETag header when doing a PUT, but it doesn't have any
effect.

So how can I do that ? Obviously I don't want to store the page in Riak
before sending it to the user as it would add latency.

Simon