Installation of Riak on Fedora

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Thu Apr 25 12:51:18 EDT 2013

Christopher,

We don't maintain those package that come from Fedora and don't test
against those packages. We test against our own packages that are
integrated with the Erlang VM we embed with Riak. This ensures as best as
we can a high level of testing that is consistent on all platforms. By all
means if it is easier for you to use the Fedora packages, feel free to use
them. We have a Apt/Yum repos currently setup, but only for Ubuntu / RHEL
(Centos) at the moment.

For what it is worth, you can still use yum on our packages by simply doing
a sudo yum install
http://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.basho.com/riak/1.3/1.3.1/fedora/17/riak-1.3.1-1.fc17.x86_64.rpmor
whatever the current package is from
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/downloads/.