Reformatting 2i in Riak 1.3.1

Daniel Iwan iwan.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 04:47:27 EDT 2013

When doing migration from pre-1.3.1 do I run

riak-admin reformat-indexes [<concurrency>] [<batch size>]

on every node that is part of the cluster or just one and then it magically
applies change to all of them? Changelog says:

Riak 1.3.1 includes a utility, as part of riak-admin, that will perform the
reformatting of these indexes while the node is online

which suggests I need to run it on every node.

Also can I upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3.1 or do I have to go via intermediate
upgrade 1.3.0 ?

Thanks
Daniel