Riak Security on AWS.

Hector Castro hector at basho.com
Fri Feb 1 09:32:51 EST 2013

Hi,

We recently published a blog post detailing methods of deployment on AWS [0].

More specifically, to secure the nodes behind an ELB you can assign
them security groups as they're defined here [1]. With regard to the
ELB, spinning one up in a VPC [2] is the only way to assign security
groups to it. This allows you to whitelist specific nodes trying to
talk to the Riak cluster [3].

[0] http://basho.com/blog/technical/2013/01/30/RiakonAWS/
[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.2.1/tutorials/installation/Installing-on-AWS-Marketplace/
[2] http://aws.amazon.com/vpc/