[ANN] riak-python-client 1.5.2

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri Feb 1 09:52:05 EST 2013

Hi Matt,

The changes I mentioned were mostly part of
https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/179. The description
will tell you most of what is in there, but here's the shorter
version:

* The client connects to multiple nodes automatically. Each node
carries a decaying error rate for selecting which node to connect to
next.
* You can choose/change which protocol (HTTP or PBC) to *prefer* at
any time, it is no longer either-or. For some operations that are only
valid there, HTTP will be chosen for you.
* The new connection pool is damn-near-close to thread-safe. It is
also re-entrant, so you can open multiple connections from the same
thread without releasing the first.
* For most operations, they will be retried automatically up to three
times. The exception is streaming requests like list-keys and
MapReduce, which can be quite impactful.
* Streaming list-keys and MapReduce have been added, and are exposed
as iterators, e.g.

for keylist in bucket.stream_keys():
    print keylist

or

for phase, data in mr.stream():
    print phase, data

There are other important changes brewing, but that one PR got long in
the tooth, so we decided to wrap it up and merge it.