Riak Security on AWS.

Ian Ha ian at blutrumpet.com
Mon Feb 4 10:24:29 EST 2013

Yes, you can do that on AWS.

In our case, we just defined a security group called 'riak', we set the
inbound restrictions on that group and also tell it to only accept
connections for other EC2 nodes that have the same security group.  On riak
node creation, we give the 'riak' security group to the node. You also have
the option to define the IP source of the inbound connection (which is what
you are looking to do). This was all done via the AWS console. Just go to
the "Security" tab in the EC2 section of the AWS console.

Hope that helps.