Bucket creation.

Kevin Burton rkevinburton at charter.net
Tue Feb 5 18:09:05 EST 2013

I have filed to find code that would create a bucket. It must be in the past
I have just put objects into a bucket and Riak must construct the bucket if
it does not exist. Now I would like to create the bucket and set some
properties on that bucket. But I don't know how to create the bucket.

So I have code like:

                            BuildProduct(source, destination);

                            RiakObject value = new RiakObject("products",
keySku, JsonConvert.SerializeObject(destination))

                                {

                                    ContentType = "application/json"

                                };

                            RiakResult<RiakObject> response =
client.Put(value, new RiakPutOptions { W = 2 });

But I would like to create the bucket and set properties on the bucket
before I put things into the bucket. Like:

            RiakResult<RiakBucketProperties> riakBuckpropertiesResult =
client.GetBucketProperties("products", true);

            if (riakBuckpropertiesResult.IsSuccess)

            {

                riakBuckpropertiesResult.Value

                                        .SetNVal(4)

                                        .SetAllowMultiple(true)

                                        .SetWVal("all")

                                        .SetRVal("quorum");

                client.SetBucketProperties("products",
riakBuckpropertiesResult.Value);

            }

The problem is that the properties that I want to set are for a bucket that
doesn't exist yet so the "get" fails.