CorrugatedIron call to delete a bucket.

OJ Reeves oj at buffered.io
Wed Feb 6 07:15:36 EST 2013

Deleting a bucket takes forever in any Riak client if the bucket has a lot
of values in it. This is because a bucket isn't an object that is any way
analogous to a "table" like you'd see in an RDBMS and to delete a bucket
the keys in that bucket need to be listed first (please correct me if I'm
wrong people!). This operation is known to be slow and using it is not
recommended.

CorrugatedIron outputs warning messages to the debug console whenever
ListKeys or DeleteBucket are called. I'd recommend heeding those warnings
and look to take a different approach.

OJ

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Jeremiah Peschka <jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
> wrote:

> No.
>
> Deleting a bucket requires deleting all keys in the bucket. It will be
> slow.
>
> ---
> Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar Unlimited
> MCITP: SQL Server 2008, MVP
> Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Kevin Burton <rkevinburton at charter.net>wrote:
>
>> ** **
>>
>> I am trying to remove a bucket. So I call client.DeleteBucket(<my
>> bucket>) but this takes **forever**. Is there a faster way to simply
>> remove a bucket?****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **

OJ Reeves