Riak and host names

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Feb 8 13:38:44 EST 2013

Hi Deepak,

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Deepak Balasubramanyam
<deepak.balu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After trying a couple of configurations, I'd recommend using a VPC on EC2. I
> decided to share my experience with a wider audience and wrote about it on a
> blog post. The post details (among other things) why VPC can make your life
> much easier. Thank you again for all your suggestions.

Nice. Thanks for taking the time to write the post.

> Is there a Riak wiki that I can contribute this information to ? It would be
> easier for users to choose between deployment solutions if they know what
> options are available.

Absolutely. All our docs are on GitHub [0] and we love (cherish)
contributions. You'll probably want to add it to the Performance
Tuning for AWS section [1], and at the very least we should have a
link to the blog post.

Thanks again.

Mark
twitter.com/pharkmillups
A Riak Conference in NYC! ->  ricon.io/east.html

[0] https://github.com/basho/basho_docs
[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/cookbooks/Performance-Tuning-AWS/