CorrugatedIron batch get?

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:05:10 EST 2013

My guess is that you're referring to the method Put(IEnumerable<RiakObject>
values) [1]. If that's the case, yes there's also a Get that accepts an
IEnumerable of RiakObjectID [2]. Riak doesn't support multi-get so CI is
just wrapping a bunch of Gets in the background for you. MapReduce might be
more effective here.

If you're talking about the IRiakBatchClient interface [3], all actions of
RiakClient can be handled through IRiakBatchClient. Keep in mind that CI's
batch operations are just a wrapper around making a large number of calls
at once. Nothing about Batch() is atomic - if you need a Unit of Work
pattern you'll have to implement it yourself.

[1]:
https://github.com/DistributedNonsense/CorrugatedIron/blob/master/CorrugatedIron/RiakClient.cs#L306
[2]:
https://github.com/DistributedNonsense/CorrugatedIron/blob/master/CorrugatedIron/RiakClient.cs#L191
[3]:
https://github.com/DistributedNonsense/CorrugatedIron/blob/master/CorrugatedIron/IRiakBatchClient.cs

---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar Unlimited
MCITP: SQL Server 2008, MVP