Riak Recap for January 29 - February 10
mark at basho.com
Tue Feb 12 03:32:46 EST 2013
Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -
Long overdue Recap coming your way. Code, blogs, meetups, and more.
Heres another reminder about RICON | EAST happening this May in New
York City. I would love to see all of you there. Also, Basho is paying
travel and hotel expenses for all speakers, so I expect everyone to
submit a CFP about their Riak clusters.
* Details here ---> ricon.io/east.html
Enjoy, and thanks for being a part of Riak.
Riak Recap for January 28 - February 11
1) Basho hacker Chris Meiklejohn is giving a Riak talk in Providence,
Rhode Island at Prov Ops on February 25th.
* Details here ---> http://www.meetup.com/provops/events/101785102/
2) Emily Rose is working on some Node.js code called riak-bot that
handles node configuration, discovery & auto clustering.
* On NPM here ---> https://npmjs.org/package/riak-bot
3) There are Seven Riak meetups happening this Wednesday in the US.
* Details here ---> http://basho.com/seven-riak-meetups-happening-february-13th/
4) Xing is hosting a Riak Meetup On February 20th in Hamburg to talk
about what they are building with Riak.
* Register here ---> http://www.meetup.com/Riak-Hamburg/events/102504802/
* And/or here ---> https://www.xing.com/events/riak-meetup-hamburg-1199460
5) Sean Cribbs, Evan Vigil-McClanahan, and a few others pushed out
v1.5.2 of the Python Client.
* Announcement here --->
6) Michael van Rooijen's Backup gem has Riak support.
* Code here ---> https://github.com/meskyanichi/backup
7) Florian Ragwitz released version 1.4 of his Perl Client.
* Code here ---> https://metacpan.org/release/FLORA/Data-Riak-1.4/
8) InfoQ wrote a short piece on the Riak 1.3rc
* Read here ---> http://www.infoq.com/news/2013/02/riak-1-3-rc
9) Deepak shared this blog post on the list but for those of you who
just read the Recaps...
* Deploying Riak on EC2 --->
10) Kenji Rikitake joined the Basho Engineering Team.
* Short blog about it here --->
11) A few Riak-related gists that came across my radar..
* Installing Riak 1.2.1 on OS X Mountain Lion with Erlang R15B01 --->
* Working with Riak Dev Instances ---> https://gist.github.com/mrnugget/4721131
12) Basho Hacker Bryce Kerley is working on something called pingapp,
"A Riak Core Learning Experiece."
* Code here ---> https://github.com/bkerley/riak-core-ping
13) Carl Hall wrote a blog post about using Erlang MapReduce via the
* Read here --->
14) Nathan Evans wrote up a quick post on an error he saw with Riak on startup.
* Read here --->
15) Tom Santero was hacking on something called "pregerl" this weekend
at Erlang DC, a pregel implementation in Erlang using riak_core.
* Code here ---> https://github.com/pregerl/pregerl
16) Various Q and A
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14581106/graceful-riak-force-replace
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14700112/how-do-i-index-already-existing-objects-in-riak
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14719166/riak-java-client-annotation-not-recognized-in-scala-case-class
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14639600/creating-riak-nodes-bitcask-version-clash
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14648204/is-there-any-way-to-provide-authentication-for-riak-database
* ---> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/3712/fedora-18-problem-starting-riak
More information about the riak-users