best practices to work with buckets in java-client

Mikhail Tyamin tyamin at me.com
Fri Feb 15 17:07:52 EST 2013

Hello guys,

what is the best way to work with Bucket object in java-client?

Can I create it once (on application's start) and store somewhere (like static field for example)
or I should create it ( riakClient.createBucket("bucketName") ) once and then fetch it  ( riakClient.fetchBucket("bucketName") )
every time using riakClient when I need it?

P.S. I am going to use the same bucket's properties (nVal, allowSiblings and etc.) during all life of application.

Thank you.

Mikhail.