riak-search returning less rows than requested

Mridul Kashatria mridul at readwhere.com
Thu Feb 21 02:19:13 EST 2013

I found that the items which have been deleted, or updated are not
updating in the search index.

There is a key value pair like this,

"1131" =>
{
   "titlename": "title",
   "description": "desc",
   "tags": "magazine english"
}

Then it is deleted using curl -XDELETE
http://127.0.0.1:8098/riak/bucket/1131

Searching for tags:magazine using solr interface still finds this item.
But it is hidden from the results.

Now I update the item with some garbage value like "1131" => "blah blah"

Searching for tags:magazine again finds this item and it shows up in
results like this

1131 =>
{
   "titlename": "blah blah"
}

It is very inconsistent. Please help me fix the issue.

Thanks