2i: url encoding/decoding of index names/values

Age Mooij age.mooij at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:50:40 EST 2013

Yeah, in attempt number two the index names and values have been url encoded when creating the relevant HTTP headers and when doing the index fetch the index name and value are again encoded.

What is probably happening is that Riak will decode the incoming fetch url and then use the decoded values to match against indexes internally (since the http_url_encoding setting will be set to "on" for most people). Since those indexes themselves have been encoded, they won't match.

Approach number 3), double encoding the index name and value when constructing the fetch URL, works in all cases but seems a bit overkill.

If nothing better comes along I guess I'll go with number 3)

Thanks,
Age