Tuning a Riak cluster.

Richard Shaw richard at basho.com
Fri Feb 22 17:34:54 EST 2013

Hi Kevin,

Always good practise to reply to the mailing list so others can benefit
from the content

basho bench is the best place to start, If you have a working cluster or
even a working single node, follow the benchmarking guide[0]

Please let me see some of the specific errors you're having and we can help
resolve them.

Outside of basho bench, I recommend benchmarking the raw performance of
your VM, you can do this using a variety of tools like iostat, iperf or a
test suite like Phoronix test suite, a very comprehensive FOSS tool[1] look
at the `aio` test

I'd also recommend benchmarking each time you make a configuration change
to really understand how effective that change was

[0]http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/cookbooks/Benchmarking/
[1]http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Kind Regards

Richard