Import/Export and Bulk operations

Dmitri Zagidulin dzagidulin at basho.com
Tue Feb 26 15:53:05 EST 2013

Hi Kevin,

Good questions, all.

1) The warning about app.config values being the same only applies to
things like "if you're using secondary indices on one cluster, you better
also turn them on on the second cluster, and also be running leveldb, etc"
or "if you're using custom quorum values in your config, you better also
have the same values in the other cluster you're migrating to". They don't
literally need to be the same app.config files -- maybe I can clarify that
in the docs. So basically, it's fine, as long as you use common sense, and
turn on the same things in the other cluster that you need for your app
code.

2) If you're running the export on one of the nodes of your source cluster,
I think you might have better luck using localhost instead of the
public-facing hostname. So, try something like:
java -jar riak-data-migrator-0.1.3.jar  -d -a -r ~/riak-dump -h
riak at 127.0.0.1 <riak at 172.16.33.107>

I don't know your networking environment or firewall rules, but it may
easily be the case that port 8087 might not be open from the outside (via
the public IP), even from inside the node. Anyhow, try the localhost route,
and if that doesn't work, do make sure that the port is actually open in
the firewall (and accessible locally).

Hope that helps.

Dmitri