Riak Recap for December 16 - Jan 1 [New Year's Edition]
mark at basho.com
Wed Jan 2 13:25:45 EST 2013
Happy New Year to All -
Here's a Recap to cover the last few weeks. There's a lot of good
stuff in here.
Enjoy. And here's to putting more Riak into production in 2013. :)
Riak Recap for December 16 - Jan 1
1) Brian Roach is getting ready to tag the 1.0.7 release of the Riak
* The latest commits are here --->
2) Riakasaurus, the Riak Twisted Client that Colin Alston and the
Praekelt team use and maintain, just added basic Protocol Buffers
* Latest here ---> https://github.com/calston/riakasaurus
3) Mark Steele released a Riak plugin for collectd.
* Code here ---> https://github.com/marksteele/collectd-plugins
4) Basho is sponsoring SyncConf happening in Norwich, UK this February.
* Details here ---> https://twitter.com/SyncNorwich/status/280699800117202944
5) Christopher Biscardi started work on a Riak -> Elastic Search River
a few weeks back.
* Code here ---> https://github.com/ChristopherBiscardi/mau5
6) We released a new white paper that some of you might find useful.
This one is all about making the transition from a relation DB to
* Details here --->
* We're also doing a live Webcast tomorrow all about this --->
7) Jakob Sievers' "MeshUp and other Riak hacks" talk from London
Erlang Factory Lite was just released.
* Watch here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbQujKcjro
8) Yurii Rashkovskii announced that he and his team are working on a
"concurrency-oriented k/v database" based on Riak Core.
* Teaser here ---> http://genomu.com/
9) InfoQ finally got around to posting Jesse Newland's Erlang Factory
San Francisco talk from last year on Riak Core, Webmachine, and GitHub
* Watch here --->
10) Matthew Revell is giving a "Intro to Riak" talk at Erlang Factor
Lite in Munich next month.
* Details here --->
11) Dave Parfitt has been getting all sorts of ambitious on his Riak
OCaml client development.
* Latest here ---> https://twitter.com/metadave/status/286188589577035778
12) Last reminder about the Riak Meetup in Dublin on January 8th.
* RSVP here ---> http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Riak/events/91521922/
13) There's a new Riak Perl Client in town.
* On GitHub ---> https://github.com/myfinder/p5-data-riak-fast
* On CPAN ---> http://search.cpan.org/~myfinder/Data-Riak-Fast-0.03/
14) Eric Redmond's "Little Riak Book" is looking better by the day.
* Latest here ---> https://twitter.com/coderoshi/status/286483152925499392
15) Von Stark released a Ruby event machine client for Riak along with
a blog post about it.
* Code here ---> http://tech.vonstark.co/post/38952977628/emriak
* Blog post http://tech.vonstark.co/post/38952977628/emriak
16) Casey Rosenthal took some time to hook Redis up to Riak (by
wrapping the Redis C client in an NIF)
* Code here ---> https://github.com/clr/riak_kv_redis_backend
17) Some Q & A to finish thing offs.
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14097832/is-riak-database-suitable-for-building-crud-application
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13942633/riak-fails-to-start
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13969952/how-to-send-parameters-to-a-map-reduce-query
* ---> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14035202/riak-java-client-failed-to-compile
* ---> http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/30812/riak-key-spaces-and-indexes
More information about the riak-users