riak-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:30:37 EST 2013

I believe I've shared this in the past, but to use Basho's Ruby client in
non-blocking mode all you have to do is this:
https://gist.github.com/4445654

The advantage of doing so it that it gives you the usual blocking API but
uses non-blocking IO under the hood.  Just create a new Fiber for each new
operation you want to perform concurrently.  We've found performance to be
much better using Fiber than Threads, at least when using the standard Ruby
VM.