Atomicity of if_not_modified?

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:53:52 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM, <riak-users-request at lists.basho.com> wrote:

> From: Pavan Venkatesh <pvenkatesh at basho.com>
> With your example of N=3, R=2 and W=2, if two clients are updating at the
> same time to the same object, then it actually depends on the "allow_mult"
> and "last_write_wins" variable.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the caveat here is that the R must be default
values for the bucket.  The internal get performed by the coordinating node
handing the INM request does not actually use the R and W value of the INM
request.  Correct?

It would seem advisable to change this behavior.  Maybe the R value of the
internal get should match the W value of the INM request.

Elias Levy