Socket closed during write?

Evan Vigil-McClanahan emcclanahan at basho.com
Thu Jan 10 01:05:53 EST 2013

The last time I saw this particular error it was someone on a 64bit
client setting the content length value incorrectly via libcurl.
Requests would work on 64 bit nodes but fail on 32 bit nodes,
presumably because the HTTP client was handing the socket a garbage
value to read, thereby killing it.

Timeouts will generally return a different error.  You might be
looking at some TCP or HTTP issue.  How are you connecting?  Is there
anything special about the requests that are failing?