Map function in erlang that takes entire bucket as input?

Shaan Sapra shaanfire at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:56:56 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm exploring the erlang-riak-client and trying to write MapReduce
functions to mimic the ones I've written in Javascript and in the
riak-ruby-client.

Following the tutorial
here<http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/references/appendices/MapReduce-Implementation/#MapReduce-via-the-Protocol-Buffers-API-using-Erlang-Syntax>,
I have successfully run the query. I have now loaded a bucket with 10000
keys into Riak and now I want to write a simple map function that queries
the bucket and returns all of the objects back to me.

I noticed that the input is specified as {<<"groceries">>, <<"mine">>}. Is
there is a way to specify just the bucket in its entirety? If I wanted to
query my bucket, would I have to list all 10000 keys in a list?

In the riak-ruby-client, it was possible to add the entire bucket.

Thanks for any help! I'm sure this is a silly question, but I've been hard
pressed to find good documentation for a novice like me.

Shaan