Fwd: regarding: riakc_pb_socket:search

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Mon Jan 14 18:54:07 EST 2013

Sorry, forgot to reply-all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: regarding: riakc_pb_socket:search
To: Harald Lapp <harald.lapp at gmail.com>

Harald,

This does look like a bug in riak_search's PB implementation. For some
reason we extract the sort field from the query but never pass it to
anything to perform the sorting. I've opened an issue for this bug and
have started working on it:
https://github.com/basho/riak_search/issues/136.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Harald Lapp <harald.lapp at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i would like to ask, if there are really no ideas about my issue. is sorting
> with "riakc_pb_socket:search" supposed to work? is there anything i can do,
> to track down the problem and / or do you need some more information from
> me?
>
> thanks!
>
> harald
>

> 2013/1/8 Harald Lapp <harald.lapp at gmail.com>
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> i am querying a bucket using the pbc API in erlang. while the query works
>> fine and i get the filtered result, sorting doesn't seem to work. for
>> example:
>>
>> riakc_pb_socket:search(Pid, <<"queue">>, <<"status:uploaded">>, [{sort,
>> <<"date desc">>}]).
>>
>> The query above returns the filtered data, but it is unsorted. With cURL i
>> get a sorted result:
>>
>> curl
>> "http://192.168.178.30:8098/solr/queue/select?q=status:uploaded&sort=date+desc"
>>
>> For what i've seen in the documentation and in the riak source code, the
>> sorting option should be correct? But: it seems, that sorting does not work
>> at all.
>>
>> Any ideas what could be wrong or what i could do to figure out whats going
>> on?
>>
>> thanks in advance!
>>
>> harald
>>

> --
> http://www.pixelio.de/
> Deine kostenlose Bilddatenbank für lizenzfreie Fotos

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/