riak-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 3

Sally Lehman rothsa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:25:23 EST 2013

Hi,

I've spent many hours trying to figure out what's going on here with no
resolution, any hint of where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

While trying to get riak 1.2.1-x86_64 started on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 to
test it out and experiment, I'm running into this error:

$ riak start
Error reading /usr/local/Cellar/riak/1.2.1-x86_64/libexec/etc/app.config

Trying to use $escript app.config to debug this I get:

$ escript app.config
app.config:2: syntax error before: '['
escript: There were compilation errors.

I'm absolutely positive that this app.config is syntactically correct, as
an exactly identical app.config works for people I know with a similar OS
and configuration.

Here's the first five lines of code for the app.config:

%% -*- mode: erlang;erlang-indent-level: 4;indent-tabs-mode: nil -*-
%% ex: ft=erlang ts=4 sw=4 et
[
 %% Riak Client APIs config
 {riak_api, [