SV: riak_dt

Petter Egesund Petter.Egesund at boklink.no
Sat Jan 26 05:54:57 EST 2013

Great, thanks - I will stay tuned :-)

Petter

Fra: Russell Brown [russell.brown at me.com]
Sendt: 25. januar 2013 19:52
Til: Petter Egesund
Kopi: riak-users List
Emne: Re: riak_dt

Hi Petter,

> Hi
>
> I would like to use Riak, but counters is a must in this project. They are so handy :-)
>
> I tried to build the riak-dt, but the build-system seems broken. I get this when i do make devrel:
>
> ERROR: generate failed while processing /Users/petter/erlang/riak/rel: {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,"luke: : Missing application directory."}},
>          [{rebar_reltool,generate,2,[]},
>           {rebar_core,run_modules,4,[]},
>           {rebar_core,execute,5,[]},
>           {rebar_core,process_dir0,6,[]},
>           {rebar_core,process_dir,4,[]},
>           {rebar_core,process_commands,2,[]},
>           {rebar,main,1,[]},
>           {escript,run,2,[{file,"escript.erl"},{line,741}]}]}}
>
> Any clues?

I think the riak-dt branch of riak has got a bit stale and needs a rebase. I'll do that today and post back when I have it working.

> The riak-dt does also seem a little bit forgotten - no commits in a couple of months. Is it still planned?

Riak_dt, or something like it _is_ still planned. We're working out how best to integrate CRDTs in general (and counters in particular) into Riak_kv. In the meantime I'll fix up that experimental branch.

Cheers

Russell