blocking get call?

E R pc88mxer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:00:03 EST 2013

I should have added that I want to avoid busy waiting.

If the object doesn't exist, some other process will be working to populate
it, and I don't want to keep on polling the database to see if the other
process is done.

Moreover, the process that wants the result doesn't have a direct
connection to the process that will be creating the result, so I'm
wondering if I can use riak to facilitate them rendezvousing with each
other. (Imaging, for instance,  that the requesting process is a web
generated AJAX request, and the process creating the result is a backend
server process.)