blocking get call?

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Mon Jan 28 12:01:00 EST 2013

That would defy the purpose of distributed and high availability; the
short answer is no, you will have to implement at the application level
a blocking policy for the keys, assuming you know your key before hand
/(think if it of your primary key if it was an SQL DB)/, in Riak last
write wins, unless you are have siblings enabled which you will have to
resolve conflicts later, take a look at the following presentations, it
might give you ideas; they are not necessary related to your subject,
but will tell you why is not possible:

http://vimeo.com/43903960
http://www.infoq.com/presentations/CRDT

Hope that helps,