Using Riak for time-series data

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:28:48 EST 2013

Size wise, riak can handle. Leveldb will compress natively. Search (particularly non composite queries) and materialized keys will help you access your data. The main concern as you eluded to would be merging multiple sets. Riak doesn't like to do that. You would have to bring two sets into application space and do your magic there. Maybe check an hbase based solution lik http://opentsdb.net/ or Cassandra. Overall the fact that your data is immutable works in your favor and opens a lot of solutions up.

Let us know which way you go. Sounds fun.

Cheers ,
Alexander

@siculars
http://siculars.posterous.com