Strange Exception in java-client

Ingo Rockel ingo.rockel at bluelionmobile.com
Wed Jan 30 10:44:15 EST 2013

Hi,

I wrote a java tool to convert part of our data from a mysql-database
into riak. As this tool is running while our system is still up, it
needs to replay all modifications done in the mysql database, during
these modifications I sometimes get this exception from the riak client:

com.basho.riak.client.convert.ConversionException: java.io.EOFException:
No content to map to Object due to end of input
com.basho.riak.client.convert.ConversionException: java.io.EOFException:
No content to map to Object due to end of input
	at
com.basho.riak.client.convert.JSONConverter.toDomain(JSONConverter.java:167)
	at
com.basho.riak.client.operations.FetchObject.execute(FetchObject.java:110)
	at
com.basho.riak.client.operations.StoreObject.execute(StoreObject.java:112)
	at
com.bluelionmobile.qeep.messaging.db.impl.MessageKVImpl.storeUniqueMessageDto(MessageKVImpl.java:264)
	at
com.bluelionmobile.qeep.messaging.db.impl.MessageKVImpl.createDataFromDTO(MessageKVImpl.java:138)
	at
com.bluelionmobile.qeep.messaging.db.impl.MessageKVImpl.updateDataFromDTO(MessageKVImpl.java:205)
	at
com.bluelionmobile.qeep.messaging.db.utils.Replay$ReplayRunner.run(Replay.java:243)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: No content to map to Object due to end
of input
	at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:2775)
	at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2718)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:1863)
	at
com.basho.riak.client.convert.JSONConverter.toDomain(JSONConverter.java:156)
	... 7 more

it only happens once every few thousand updates and if I check the
object from the cmdline I only get a 404.

Any ideas what might cause this and how to fix/workaround it?

Ingo