Strange Exception in java-client

Ingo Rockel ingo.rockel at bluelionmobile.com
Wed Jan 30 11:06:39 EST 2013

Hi Dmitri,

it doesn't happen in my code and it does happen while the riak-client
tries to deserialize a fetched object from riak in a
"fetch-before-store" (see the stack), I also get this error randomly
while trying just to fetch an object from the database.

And if I try to fetch the object from the cmdline I just get a 404. So I
would expect the java-client just returns a null-result for this fetch
and not to throw an exception.

All my objects are stored using the riak-java-client and the
json-serializer.

Ahh, just tested: if I retry it sometimes works, although most of the
time still fails (haven't tried with a sleep so far).

Ingo

Software Architect

Blue Lion mobile GmbH
Tel. +49 (0) 221 788 797 14