[ANNC] Riak 1.3.0 RC1

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Wed Jan 30 18:19:47 EST 2013

Riak Users,

I am extremely excited to let you all know we have reached RC1 status on
Riak 1.3.0.  We all know this has been a long release cycle, but the
investment we put into testing and automation (see:
https://github.com/basho/riak_test and https://github.com/basho/giddyup)
will pay off tremendously down the road with stability and more timely
releases.  If you are new to Riak, we name a build "release candidate" when
we believe it could become the final released version.  Given that, we hope
you all give it a try and let us know what you think.

So what is new?

https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.3/RELEASE-NOTES.md

Enough talk, where is it?

*http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.3.0rc1/downloads/*
*
*
One note about our amazing new docs page, it has not been completely
updated for 1.3.0, but will be soon.

For commercial users of Riak Enterprise, the 1.3 release includes a
technical preview of advanced multi-datacenter replication capabilities.
For more information, see Riak Enterprise docs at
http://docs.basho.com/riakee/latest/

Thanks as always to the best community out there!
- Everyone at Basho