Ripple queries illuminated?

John Daily jdaily at basho.com
Thu Jan 31 13:40:53 EST 2013

Can you clarify: are you referring to link walking or key retrievals?

In either case, if you have a bucket and key that you believe is tied to bad data on one of your nodes, you could do something like the following.

First, run riak-admin to generate a full set of cluster details:

$ riak-admin cluster-info /tmp/my-cluster.txt

Then, sift through the resulting data set for all of the HTTP endpoints.  The following one-liner might work, depending on the vagaries of regex support in your tools.

Replace <bucket> and <key> with the relevant data. The output, if this works, is a shell script which you can run to query each vnode for that bucket/key combination.

$ egrep '^\s*{http,' /tmp/my-cluster.txt | sed -E 's/ +//g' | sort | uniq | sed 's/.*{//' | sed 's/}.*//' | sed 's/"//g' | awk 'BEGIN { FS="," } { print "curl -v http://" $1 ":" $2 "/riak/<bucket>/<key>" }' > /tmp/runme.sh

The goal is to pick out all occurrences of "{http," from the cluster information file and run:

-John Daily
Technical Evangelist
Basho