Can't create first user

Guy Morton Guy.Morton at bksv.com
Tue Jul 2 03:49:39 EDT 2013

Hi Hector,

I successfully created the admin user after fixing the riak/app.config to use the proper backend, but I am still struggling to configure the system to work properly.

What I need to know is what IPs should I be using for each component when all components are running on a single machine? Ie, it's a single node at this stage.

I also want to be able to access the riak-cs services (the riak-cs-control UI etc) from a web browser on another machine, create buckets, store files etc.

The documentation is very confusing on this point. This seems like it would be a common first use case for people testing RiakCS out, and I can't figure out how to make it work.

Do I need to use SSL? What is the difference between using 127.0.0.1 and the external IP on the machine in the config files? Sometimes using the external IP seems to make the system non-functional. It's also confusing as to when host names (eg s3.blah.com) are the right choice and when IPs are.

A clear bit of documentation showing how to set up this particular use case would be very helpful!

Thanks.

--
Guy Morton
Web Development Manager