http access to Riak objects

Alexander Moore moore.alex at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:50:27 EDT 2013

Hi Sanjeev,

By default, uploaded objects will not be publicly available.  To make them
available you have to set the Access Control List to allow public reads for
all users.
If you are using s3cmd you can do this with: *s3cmd -c .s3cfgfile setacl
--acl-public s3://BUCKET/OBJECT*

If you need to do this for everything in a bucket, you should then look
into using "Bucket Policies" to automatically set public access.
Your bucket policy would look something like
https://gist.github.com/alexmoore/5909408, and then you could apply the
policy using s3cmd: *s3cmd -c .s3cfg
setpolicy public-access-bucket-policy.json s3://BUCKET*
*
*
Thanks,
Alex