riak_core & node down question

Chris Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Thu Jul 4 12:10:33 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Konstantin Kalin <
konstantin.kalin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm playing with riak_core to build a prototype. Thanks for giving such
> powerful framework to build a distributed app :)
> Looking at source code and examples I learn how to handle hinted
> handoff(s). It works really nice. But I wondered how to handle a node crash
> (when a node goes down unexpectedly for some reasons).
>
> Is there anyway I can be notified about node-down and get list of vnodes
> that were primary on that failed node?

I'd look into riak_core_node_watcher [1] and riak_core_node_watcher_events
[2].  They should help you build what you're looking for.

[1]
https://github.com/basho/riak_core/blob/master/src/riak_core_node_watcher.erl
[2]
https://github.com/basho/riak_core/blob/master/src/riak_core_node_watcher_events.erl