changing riak-cs server hostname

Guy Morton Guy.Morton at bksv.com
Tue Jul 9 01:59:38 EDT 2013

Let me be more specific...

       %% Instance of Riak CS you wish to talk to.
       {cs_hostname, "s3.amazonaws.com" },
       {cs_port, 8080 },
       {cs_protocol, "http" },

       %% Proxy information; necessary if you are using s3.amazonaws.com as
       %% your hostname.
       {cs_proxy_host, "s3.bksv.com" },
       {cs_proxy_port, 8080 },

Now, if I address the machine as s3.amazonaws.com from my local machine (using a hosts file to map that to the RiakCS machine's IP) it works fine.

If I try and access it as s3.bksv.com I can list buckets but attempting to open them gets me an access denied response.

So I'm a bit confused.

--
Guy Morton
Web Development Manager