Migration from memcachedb to riak
edgarmveiga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 04:49:37 EDT 2013
I have a couple of questions that I would like to address all of you guys,
in order to start this migration the best as possible.
- I'm responsible for the migration of a pure key/value store that for now
is being stored on memcacheDB.
- We're serializing php objects and storing them.
- The total size occupied it's ~2TB.
- The idea it's to migrate this data to a riak cluster with elevelDB
backend (starting with 6 nodes, 256 partitions. This thing is scaling very
- We only need to access the information by key. *We won't need neither
map/reduces, searches or secondary indexes*. It's a pure key/value store!
My questions are:
- Do you have any riak fine tunning tip regarding this use case (due to the
fact that we will only use the key/value capabilities of riak)?
- It's expected that those 2TB would be reduced due to the levelDB
compression. Do you think we should compress our objects to on the client?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the riak-users