Upgrade path 1.4.0

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Wed Jul 10 07:05:16 EDT 2013

Release notes: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.4/RELEASE-NOTES.md

Maybe related to this?

    Known Issues

      <https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.4/RELEASE-NOTES.md#leveldb-13-to-14-conversion>leveldb
      1.3 to 1.4 conversion

The first execution of 1.4.0 leveldb using a 1.3.x or 1.2.x dataset will
initiate an automatic conversion that could pause the startup of each
node by 3 to 7 minutes. The leveldb data in "level #1" is being adjusted
such that "level #1" can operate as an overlapped data level instead of
as a sorted data level. The conversion is simply the reduction of the
number of files in "level #1" to being less than eight via normal
compaction of data from "level #1" into "level #2". This is a one time
conversion.

HTH,

Guido.