Help with local restore for dev enviroment

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Wed Jul 10 08:59:56 EDT 2013

Hi, Mark.

You've already received a little advice generally so I won't pile on that part, but one thing stood out to me:

> My client has sent me a backup from one of their cluster nodes. bitcask data,. rings and config.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're doing, what you're working on will not get you the data from the whole cluster, but the fraction of the data that was stored on the one node that you have a backup from. Just a warning, in case you hadn't realized this.

-Justin