Migration from memcachedb to riak

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Jul 10 11:34:58 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:19:23AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> If you only need a pure key/value store, you should consider
> memcacheDB using LMDB as its backing store. It's far faster than
> memcacheDB using BerkeleyDB.
> 	http://symas.com/mdb/memcache/
>
> I doubt LevelDB accessed through any interpreted language will be
> anywhere near its performance either, though I haven't tested. (Is
> there a LevelDB backend for modular memcache yet?)

Except that the comparison was not memcache vs leveldb, it was memcache
vs Riak. Yes, Riak does impose some overhead, but on the other hand, I
don't see anything about scaling LMDB to more nodes as your dataset grows,
which was one of the goals listed in the original email.

Also, if you think Erlang is an intepreted language, you probably need
to look again.

Andrew