New Counters - client support

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 23:50:46 EDT 2013

If a counter doesn't exist, it's created when you increment/decrement the counter. Otherwise it returns your API's equivalent of "nothing to see".

So, in CorrugatedIron, you'd call RiakClient.IncrementCounter("bucket", "counter", 1);

After that command completes, the counter has a value of 1; assuming no other increments are made.

To initialize to a different value, simply increment/decrement the counter to the chosen value and begin from there.

--
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar Unlimited
MCITP: SQL Server 2008, MVP