Riak 1.3 YCSB Read Time Out

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Fri Jul 12 11:07:23 EDT 2013

Hi Veronika,

Riak 1.4.0 was released yesterday, with the new streaming features nodes
will stream keys to you instead of working with the whole result in
memory, which will probably avoid the timeout.

Though your RAM and specially using a VM could be a limiting factor,
still worthy a try.
Once your node is up type riak-admin diag and see if some parameters
need to be adjusted.

For more information on tuning:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/cookbooks/Linux-Performance-Tuning/

HTH,