riak-admin diag output

Daniel Iwan iwan.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 09:59:22 EDT 2013

Thanks Jared

I'm aware of limitations of 3-node cluster. If I understand it correctly
there are some corner cases where certain copies for some vnodes can land
on the same physical node. But I would
assume there is no case where all 3 copies (for N=3) should land on the
same physical node. Hence I'm thinking 1-node failure means we are still
safe.

riak-admin diag output seems bit strange to me showing particular vnode
twice. Any reason for that?
Also, where can I find description of algorithm which vnodes are assigned
to which physical node? I think there was blog post about it...

Daniel